Monday, February 13, 2012

7 Months!

Well...so much for my 6 month post! Just know that he's gotten a lot bigger! That's probably all you need to know. He is now 20 lbs 12 oz and 28" long; we need to buy a new car seat soon because the one we have only goes to 22 lbs. He is still a great sleeper, sleeps from around 7:30PM to 7:30AM. He does, however, decide to wake up at night occasionally and start fussing until I go in there and give him his paci. I will try to do as little as possible while in there, and he will go back to sleep as soon as I get the paci in his mouth. I just don't enjoy the small interruption to my sleep! Not really dying to try any "cry it out" methods though, unless it starts getting more frequent or he won't go back to sleep after I go in there.

He is still a good eater and has 4 bottles every day and 2 meals of baby food. He eats a TON! He has gotten good at eating finger food, and now gets upset if I don't provide some finger food at every meal. He can eat mum mums, gerber puffs, cheerios, minced and cooked carrots, and pinto beans. He is good at chewing now as well even though he still doesn't have any teeth! I need some more finger food ideas, preferably that don't involve a lot of cooking!

He is sssooooo close to crawling! He has FINALLY (today) started some forward movement, and even though it's not exactly crawling, it's definitely a step in the right direction. See the video below. In it I see at least 2 or 3 different versions of "crawling" that books say babies might use, so maybe he's trying to figure out which one works the best!

Nate, Carter and I were all sick over the weekend with colds, but I took Carter to the doctor on Sunday when he kept fussing and crying for no reason. Turns out he had an ear infection (#3), and we got a prescription for an antibiotic, but we are waiting a few days to see if it clears up on its own. I hate giving Carter that many antibiotics when he is so young! He seemed to do a lot better today so he may not need it.

We love our little guy so much and are so thankful for him!




2 comments:

Lesley said...

Just stick it out a while longer with going in and putting his pacifier back in. I remember it was right around 7-8 months that Ezra started finding his own pacifier in his crib. It helps if there are a few extras in there. :) He is so cute! And I am so jealous right now of all the sleep you are getting!

Anonymous said...

He perservered and got his prize. He's trying to be independent and show you he's a big boy.
Nana loves you Carter.