Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pack-n-play

So I went garage sale-ing with Ashley and Amber this morning and I got a pack-n-play! What's funny is that we didn't even find the pack-n-play while we were out, but Amber went to a garage sale close to her house after we all went home, and she saw it there and called me. Apparently it was bought by a grandmother to use with her grandchildren, and she only used it 2 times so it's in great shape! It has a changing table on it, and the bassinet, and it has a cute pattern. And the best part...I only paid $25 for it! We had been looking at one that we liked that was $150, so even if we don't end up loving this one, we only paid a fraction of the price for it. Nate and I set it up when I got home, and we got it together pretty easily but we had a really tough time getting it put back up. We apparently aren't smart enough to pack up a pack-n-play! We finally got it put up...the buttons in the middle of each rail that had to be pushed in were kinda tough to find because cloth was covering them, and if we didn't push it in the exact right spot then it didn't fold. I think I will be able to put it away easier the next time I do it though. So...I was pretty excited about that purchase. I also bought some children's books, a diaper bag, and 2 cute baby girl outfits. I really need to stop buying baby clothes because I'm going to end up with a bunch of clothes that are the wrong gender, but I want to be able to buy clothes for my child like everyone else...I just wish I knew what I was "having." :( Anyway, here are some pictures of the new pack-n-play.





4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is an amazing deal for a great pack-n-play! That's what we use for our "bassinet" for the first couple of months since it has the small part. Love it! I say buy the clothes you like (within reason), and sell the ones you don't use at a consignment sale later. :)

Lauren said...

That's an AWESOME deal on that pack-n-play! Great find! And it does get much easier to break down after you do it a few times. I couldn't do it at all at first and had to get Greg to do it every time, but now it's easy.

Mom said...

Mandy,
Looks good. Did you get sheets for the pack and play? If not I have 4 sets and really 2 are all we need.

Mandy said...

Hey Mom, no I don't have any sheets for it yet but we would love some!