Sunday, September 26, 2010

Furniture

Since I don't seem to have anything else going on in my life to focus my time on, I decided to paint the furniture we had for the baby room. We had a bunch of furniture that was all mismatched, and none of it was the color I wanted it to be, so I painted all of it (except for the cradle we got from Nate's parents, I couldn't bring myself to paint an heirloom!) Now all the furniture is an espresso color that I also want for the crib we end up getting. I'm really happy with how the color turned out, unfortunately I'm not as happy with how the texture turned out. They were all composite, so I sanded them all down before I painted them to make the paint stick better. Unfortunately the bookshelves are all still kinda sticky and if I take my nail to them I could just scrape the paint off. Since I hadn't primed them before I painted them, I made sure to prime the dresser before I painted it. Unfortunately the dresser still turned out the same way. I don't know if I didn't sand them enough, or if there was something with the paint (I got a semi-gloss) or if there is some coating I could put on top of them or what. So...I'm really happy with how they look, but I'm not sure how long they will hold up with actual use. Luckily they were all really cheap so if we end up having to scrap them and start over it won't be the end of the world. Here are some pictures of the furniture.





Still no news. We are hopefully going to an orientation meeting with Bethany Christian Services in Little Rock on Wednesday, which is an agency a lot closer to home. They seem to be priced about the same as CFS, and they said it would be ok for us to work with 2 agencies, and I *think* we should be able to use our same home study. We obviously aren't going to go through the trouble of working with another agency if we have to have a new home study done, but I'm certainly open to being presented to as many birth parents as possible. I'm hoping to learn more at the meeting, to decide for sure whether or not we want to go with another agency as well.

No comments: