Friday, May 13, 2011

WE'VE BEEN MATCHED!!!!

As of Monday evening, May 9th, we have been matched with a birthmother! I got “the call” while I was in the middle of yoga that evening. Of course my phone wasn’t on silent, so I just let it go to voicemail. Then when yoga was over at 8, I saw I had a voicemail from our social worker. She said she just wanted to “touch base” but was trying to call when we were both home, so if we got the message before 8:30 PM to call her back. Well neither of us were at home, and we figured she probably just wanted to update our paperwork, but we hurried home anyway. Then when I called, she told us we had been matched with a birthmother who was due July 10th! We were very excited! Apparently she wanted a childless couple (which we were), and once she saw our profile she didn’t want to look at anymore! She liked that we were musical because she had been in band, and she liked that I was a teacher because she thought I would have a lot of patience! We will meet her for the first time next week, and we were told that she wanted me to be surprised about the sex of the baby, so I get to go to a doctor’s appointment with her in 2 weeks to see an ultrasound. It is really sweet of her to want me to have this experience that I otherwise would never get to have. I can’t wait to find out the gender so I can finally get our baby room finished!

This is a definite praise to God, because we have been waiting “patiently” for a very long time. We are so thankful for her, and ask all of you to send up a prayer to God on her behalf, thanking Him for bringing her into our lives, and asking Him to be with her and comfort her during the difficult time ahead. There are still some fears in the back of my mind, because even though she sounds like she is very sure in her decision, she is still able to change her mind up to 10 days after the baby is born (if she signs the paperwork right away). However, I am trying to be positive and excited for us, and just get us ready for a new baby.

There is a lot to think about. We have to make sure we have insurance that covers a baby, a pediatrician, child care, I have to make sure my job is covered for at least a month, and I have to make lesson plans for the time I will be off. If anyone has any suggestions for child care in Searcy, either someone who is looking to take care of a baby in their home, or day cares that you would recommend and trust, then we are definitely open to that info. I’m trying not to stress about that, because I know it can be difficult getting into the “good” day cares but we need to know which ones to look at before we even try to get on any waiting lists! I’m sure we are also open to pediatrician ideas while you’re at it!

All that to say, praise God! He is good!

13 comments:

laura jo said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

...PRAYERS PRAYERS PRAYERS.

Ooh, keep us all posted!

Sara Clouse said...

This great news! I am so excited for the two of you! I have been following your blog for a while and I can't imagine how exciting this is for yall! We think of you two often and will continue to pray! Also, Dr. Moore is excellent... he was Lexi's pedi and we still miss him!!!

David and Linda Gregersen said...

So happy for you! You will be such a wonderful mom!

Nicki said...

What amazing news!!! I'm so very happy for you guys! I will be staying at home in August and I could babysit if you need someone! We can talk about it on Sunday if you like! Also, Curtis is amazing and there are several parents from westside that send their little ones there!

Lauren said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! We'll be praying for everything to go smoothly with the planning, delivery and adoption process.

Charity Barber said...

So excited for you and Nate! We are praying and we love you guys!

Charity Barber said...

We are so excited for you guys! God is good. You and Nate will be wonderful parents, and this baby is blessed already! Keep us posted!

Trisha said...

WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Unknown said...

YEA!!!

I well know the tug-of-war emotions, wanting to be excited but afraid to get too excited. No easy way around it, just have to survive it!

The interaction between you two will be a definite plus. The more she knows you and feels comfortable with you, the more she can feel sure of her decision.

And as far as doctors go, there's no beating "Dr. Eddie." Savannah still wishes she could keep going to him.

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! What a great call! I'm especially glad you'll get to be part of the appointments! That is really sweet of the mom! Praise God!

Emily DuBose said...

Mandy, that is fantastic news!! This is crazy because just last week I dreamed that you guys were adopting a newborn baby boy and he wasn't born yet. I am praying for you guys in this journey!

Lis said...

That is SO WONDERFUL!!! Praying that everything continues to go smoothly. Keep us posted!

Amy said...

Yay! So happy for you!
We love Dr. Moore and our boys goto TLC for daycare and they are great.