Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mostly NAR

Well most of this post is not adoption related because we don't have a whole lot going on right now. I am on spring break this week and for the past 5 days I have been down in Abilene visiting my family and holding my sister's new baby. I was glad to finally see where my parents were living (they became house parents over the summer) and my new nephew is adorable. His name is Jaxon Weldon. I spent time at the house and shopping with Lindsay and Jaxon. He doesn't like traveling in the car much, especially when it's not moving, but as long as Lindsay played the song Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood then he would stop crying. We got to hear that song a LOT! It was great seeing my family but I was glad to get back home so I can have a few days of rest before going back to work.

Adoption-wise, right now we are just waiting for our background checks and child maltreatment checks to come back clean so we can complete our home study. I wish the state would hurry up so we can get this show on the road! I wish I could say that once those are returned then we will get the home study done quickly, but I know the home study is a process in itself and involves a lot of interviews, paperwork and time.

Here is a picture of my handsome nephew Jaxon.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

He is adorable--and you look great! :) Glad you had a good time with family, and I hope you can rest a little before heading back to work!

TrueToddlerTales said...

You nephew is such a cutie! When Molly was that age the song of choice was "Good Morning Baltimore" from the Hairspray soundtrack...

TrueToddlerTales said...

Our first order of coffee came Saturday. Brian pronounced it tasty :-)