Monday, April 5, 2010

Home Study Date!

We finally have a date set for our home study, April 8th. Yeah...that's this Thursday. I'm glad we were able to schedule it so early in April because I have so much going on at school that there aren't many days I can take off this month. We have testing for the next 2 weeks, and all the specialty teachers have to help with testing because they are required to have certified teachers administering the test. So...that means I have to be at school all of those mornings unless I'm dying because that leaves my school in a bind trying to find a certified replacement. Then after testing we have our Fine Arts Festival at school which I am teaching the music portion of. LOTS going on.

So, I'm a little nervous about this home study. I'm sure it will be fine, but I know they have to pry into our private lives to make sure we will be "fit" parents. I think it's a little unfair that anybody can get pregnant and have a baby and no one checks to see whether they are capable of raising a child, but I have to get the 3rd degree. :( I'm not sure how long the home study takes to complete, I suppose I will find that out on Thursday.

Please pray that I am able to accept this "hoop" we have to jump through, and that everything goes smoothly so we can move on to the next step in our process.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so soon! I know it will feel so good to have another milestone in the process completed. Can't wait to hear about it!

Jenn said...

I am so happy that y'all are one step closer to becoming parents! I'm sure it's hard feeling like you are under scrutiny but your little one will be soo worth it :). We can't wait to meet the newest addition to the McCoy family hopefully sooner than later ;)