Monday, April 26, 2010

Still to do...

Well I haven't posted in a while so I figured I should. There's not a whole lot going on on the adoption front, just continuing to wait. I think I'm getting really good at that. We got our autobiographies done, thank goodness, and I have 2 books read and the reports written. Right now we are still waiting on the FBI checks and references to be completed, then we have to meet with our social worker one more time. After that our home study has to be approved by the adoption agency, I have to finish reading one more book and write a report on it, and then HOPEFULLY we will get put on the list of potential adoptive parents so we can wait some more for a birth mother to choose us.

Not sure how I'm feeling. It's very difficult to be excited about waiting when EVERYONE else who is pregnant gets to go through the stages of pregnancy while they are waiting and see their body change. And they know that after 9 months they are guaranteed a child. I don't get to see any changes, just a bunch of paperwork, and unlike them, I have no guarantee of a child at the end of all the paperwork and waiting. It's also very difficult to be excited for EVERYONE who is pregnant when I don't feel like anyone is really excited for me because I don't have that "guarantee" of a child like they do. Also, the process I'm going through is not quite as exciting as getting to see your body change, getting to hear the heartbeat, see the baby and find out the gender, feel the baby kick, etc. I just have paperwork, paperwork, home study, paperwork, book reading, paper work, and more paper work. And while I'm on my rant...it's frustrating when well-meaning people talk about all the babies that are coming, and I'm not even mentioned because apparently I don't really count as having a baby since I don't have that "guarantee." Or I guess because my only "changes" involve the cramps I get in my hand from filling out paperwork, nobody realizes that I'm going through a process to get a baby just like everyone else.

Ok, I'm done. Not sure what to pray for...just pray it's all over quickly because I'm tired of waiting.

3 comments:

TrueToddlerTales said...

Adoptive parents have to "expect" in a way that takes much more patience and faith than traditional parents. I have so much respect for those who are able to weather the ups and downs of adoption. Hang in there you guys- you're amazing parents waiting for the right kiddo!

Rachel said...

I agree with the other Rachel. :) No matter how much pregnant women complain, your wait is MUCH more difficult and involved. I'm just as excited to meet your baby (which you WILL have!) as any of the others who are coming soon. I can't wait!! :)

Trisha said...

I agree with both Rachels. Your baby is growing in your heart instead of your belly, and God is preparing you and Nate and baby for each other at this very moment. You guys are always in my prayers.