Sunday, July 4, 2010

Matching baskets!

So I've just realized I've had a lot of posts recently, and I'm expecting you to read them ALL, so make sure you backtrack all the way through June to make sure you don't miss a moment of my exciting life! ;)

So the good thing about making your own baby stuff is that you can make it all match. I finally figured out how to make basket-liners that match my curtain, crib skirt, and wall hangings. I had a pattern but for some reason even though the pics on the pattern looked to be rectangle baskets, the pattern was for square baskets, which are pretty difficult to find. So I just invented my own pattern. :) I've only made two liners so far, but I found baskets for 40% off at Michaels so I have a total of 5 baskets to line. Here are pics of my baskets.







Also...we bought some cheap furniture for the baby's room that we found on Harding's classifieds. I originally wanted to get a low dresser that we could double as a changing table, but I couldn't really find anything I liked in a price range I liked. I'm definitely a bargain-hunter when it comes to furniture. I only paid $20 for my dresser and we got Nate's chest of drawers for free. Eventually I'm sure we will get a matching bedroom set, but for now we obviously don't have the money. Anyway...I couldn't find anything I liked, so when I found this chest of drawers for $15 I jumped at it. We ended up paying $25 and we also got too little bookshelves. The only problem with them is the color. I was planning on doing an espresso for the crib (and now I will get the matching changing table), but these are a natural color. I haven't decided if I'm just going to leave them how they are, or if I'm going to try to paint them a dark brown to go with the espresso crib. I may end up painting one of the bookshelves first to see how it looks. Here are pics of my finds.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those baskets are SO cute! You're so crafty... :) And we are all about the inexpensive furniture--can't pass it up!!

Unknown said...

I love the baskets!