Wednesday, September 8, 2010

They didn't choose us

Well apparently we aren't as great as we thought we were. :( I emailed the social worker to try to find out the birth parents' decision, and she emailed back and said they chose another family. So that was a downer. I hate this feeling because I keep wondering if there is something terrible about us that is going to keep any birth parent from choosing us. And unfortunately even if there is, there isn't anything we can do about it since we can't get pregnant on our own.

So now we are back to waiting again. Please don't ask me how it's going, because that's just a constant reminder of how little control I have over my life. On top of that, infinite waiting with no hope on the horizon really sucks. Trust me, if something happens, you will either hear from me or if you don't see me it will be posted on my blog. Until then, you can tell me you are praying for us, we certainly appreciate your prayers, but anything else is just going to make me feel worse about everything.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh, friend. Praying praying praying.

Rachel said...

We are still praying, friend. Love you!

Patrick Barber said...

Nate and Mandy,
you are always in our prayers.

Kristina said...

Dear Nate and Mandy, we are praying too.

Bethany said...

I am praying for you guys as well!

laura jo said...

Praying as well. Love you guys!

Charity Barber said...

Mandy,
I love you and I am thinking of you. I am praying for you!!