Saturday, January 29, 2011

Approved!

We had our interview with Bethany today and it went really well! At the end of it we were informed that we were "approved" to be adopting through Bethany, and since we paid our $600 homestudy update fee, and our $3000 networking fee (ouch!), we can now be shown to birthmothers. We will also be added to their online profiles as soon as we send in our "Dear Birthmother" letter and pictures. As soon as we are on their website I will post a link so you can see it. After our interview (which lasted 2 hours!), we went to Joann fabrics where I bought some cute material, we went to Schlotzskys for lunch, and then Best Buy for Nate to look around. I thought we were going to have the rest of the afternoon and evening free, but as we were walking around Best Buy, my phone gave me an alert reminding me of the Searcy Children's Homes appreciation dinner tonight! So, we had to hurry home so we would have a few hours to rest before getting dressed up and going to that. I did manage to get all the stuff for our profile emailed, and I also finished our taxes...thankfully we will be getting a refund again this year! It was a good day, and I feel like we got a lot accomplished. Please pray a birthmother comes to one of our agencies soon and chooses us!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Yay! I will be praying!!