Friday, January 21, 2011

School Funny

So I had a semi eventful day at school today. Along with covering a duty I had never done before and having a kid steal another kid's necklace in my class and lie about it, I did have one funny exchange I thought I would share. During my last class of the day (kinder), I had a kindergartner named *Billy* raise his hand and tell me "My daddy is a president!" I'm assuming his dad is the president of some club or something, so I ask him what his dad is the president of. He tells me his dad is the president of the state. I say, "Your dad is the president of Arkansas? So is his name Mike Beebe (our governor)?" He said no, so I told him his dad couldn't be the president of Arkansas, and he should go home and ask his dad what he was the president of. I assumed that would be the end of it, but right at the end of class, he raised his hand again, and told me, "My dad is Barack Obama!" I say, "So your dad is the president of the United States?" and he said yeah. Well then I tell him he needs to tell his dad to give teachers a lot more money! I finally try to get him to tell me he is just joking and his dad isn't Barack Obama, but he was ready to go to his grave proclaiming that his dad is Barack Obama! What makes it even funnier is that this kid's skin color makes it even more obvious that there is no way he could be Barack Obama's son! Ah, kindergartners!

No comments: