Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some Clarification

I received an email on Saturday with some more information about the orientation meeting/workshop that was confusing me. Apparently they are two different things, but the agency has been having trouble scheduling adoption workshops, and they didn't want to put our process on hold until they were able to schedule a workshop, so they have been scheduling these 2 hour orientation meetings with some additional reading, to make up for not attending a workshop. I'm *hoping* that is a good thing for us that they are having a hard time scheduling the workshops, because it could mean they don't have very many families wanting to adopt, which makes the chances better for us. A friend suggested that the economy could be deterring people from adopting. Not sure if that's the reason or not, but I will keep telling myself that! I emailed back with some days and times that would be good for us, but unfortunately I have a music program coming up on February 12th, so I can't miss any school until that is over. If they have the meetings on weekends then we might be able to get it done soon, otherwise we will have to wait until after my program. Pray for a quick response and a quickly scheduled meeting.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I really hope they can set up something over a weekend really soon! (You're becoming a natural with this blogging thing, btw... keep it up!) :)

Kristina said...

It would be so great if you did not have to wait until mid Feb. I am praying that you can get a meeting together very soon!