Saturday, January 30, 2010

Smiles

Well even though yesterday wasn't that great of a day, there were some things that made me smile, so I figured I should share them with you.

First, I had a snow day on Friday! Even though I have my program coming up and didn't really want to miss a rehearsal, it was nice having a day off, and I enjoyed being stuck at home with my husband. Here is a picture of the snow at our house.



Second, we (I) were also very productive, and got our extra rooms re-arranged so we were able to fit the guest bed into Nate's room. Once we get a baby, "my" room will turn into the nursery, but I didn't want to have to give up our guest bed since that was the only place we had for anyone besides us to sleep. Getting the bed into Nate's room involved moving a bookcase into the living room, packing up a lot of things into storage totes, moving a bookcase from my room into Nate's room, and moving the bed into Nate's room. This was a lot of work, and my room is still a bit of a mess, but we did accomplish what we set out to do. I don't think we are planning to set up the nursery anytime soon, we just wanted to know that it would work. Here is a picture of my room without a bed in it!



Here is a picture of Nate's room with the bed in it.



Finally, today I finally was able to get set up a fund-raising site a friend pointed me to. This site sells many different flavors of coffee, and was created by a family who adopted. They made it their mission to try to help other families who are adopting or fostering. If you have been wondering how you can help, here is an easy way. Go to our site... http://www.justlovecoffee.com/TheMcCoys and from our site you can search through their many different flavors of coffee as well as t-shirts and tote bags. I know many of you are coffee drinkers so you are going to buy it anyway, and we will get a portion of every purchase!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL, ok so maybe you should just get used to seeing my comment every time you post on here.... :) Oh, and YAAAAAYYYYY!!! I'm so excited you were able to get that coffee shop!! Oh, it's on, friend. The emails are already on their way out... :) Oh, yeah--the room looks good, too. ;)

Kristina said...

Glad to see your renewed sence of hope! God will provide the money you need to fill that extra space in "your room" with a crib and rocker complete with baby.